Thursday, August 23, 2012

30

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is the first day of my 30s! Wow... I guess I'm about 25% or so through my life! (I'm planning on a long life) Today is also post number 101! I just kinda casually started writing a post a day and suddenly I have 101 of them... too bad they're not Dalmatians, winter is coming and I could use a coat with a scarf and matching gloves.
Emma started slow on the weight chart as per the CDC and WHO but we weighed her today and most baby weight charts  have a kinda logarithmic look to them, starting steep but then leveling off... Emma's is the reverse, it started kinda level, but now is looking very vertical. She was a little under weight (in the lowest 5%) when she was born, but she's making up for it!

Speaking of weights. I started working out again at the beginning of August. I'm considering doing running again, but right now I'm focusing on weights and interval training. Most days I do a whole body workout, but now once a week I'm doing a 5x5. I'm up to repping almost my body-weight on bench press... and I only have dumbbell weights so that's pretty tough! I weighed 98kg this morning and yesterday I did 95kg 5 times as part of a quick whole body workout. It won't be long until I'm over 100!! I don't have quite as impressive weights with squats since it's really really really hard to hold 2 heavily loaded dumbbells in such a way that you can squat. When my new plates come, I plan on just loading 80kg on 1 dumbbell and squatting that. In the interim, I'm doing 1 legged squats and lunges with weights. It's not the same as a heavy squat, but you do what you can! Also, I'm up to 7 chin-ups ... I know, it's weak, but you have to start somewhere.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Pike! I hope it's a good one, even though you're so old now... Haha I'll be there soon after you. I hear 30s are the new 20s, so does that mean next year we can party like we're turning 21?

Unknown said...

Happy birthday yesterday! It's your birthday today for us here in America. My "talk" app stopped working, so I cannot instant message any more. Email me some time! Love, Rebecca

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comments!!