Saturday, August 25, 2012

30's day 1

Let's see what pictures I have for the first day of being 30!
Birthday cheesecake: made from yogurt and 0 calorie sugar substitute.


Rieko's steak... very close to rare (it cooked a little on the plate)

My 2nd steak "sashimi" style


Side of bread, with a hair!

Steak well done with cheese coated hamburger steak.

salad bar!!
Let's see.. birthday was great. I had a nice steak and hamburger steak lunch with an apple pie for dessert which unfortunately went to crap! Rieko and I ordered our steaks cooked to the same degree, rare, but only her's was rare. Mine was almost well done, so I told a waiter and he admitted it was overcooked -- usually they try to deny it and they say "that's the way we cook it" -- and he ordered me a new steak... which came out raw with just a nice sear, fortunately they serve it on a hot iron plate, so it slowly cooked up to a rare... is that weird or what? "Cooked up to a rare"... Next, my lovely baby loaf of not freshly cooked bread had a black hair on the bottom of it... So they got me a new one, after I was done with my meal... then finally we ordered a "Sizzling apple pie" which is served on the hot iron plate, but it was not sizzling at all! It was barely room temperature.. I'm not much of a complainer, but it was a bad meal, and it seems like I always have bad luck when I go to restaurants for anniversaries or birthdays... regular days I almost never have any trouble..

The highlight of the day was Rieko's "cheesecake" which used no creamcheese or any cheese but still tastes very good! I suppose the lack of sugar and cheese makes it extra healthy right? I would like to have it every day!!

So what's it like being 30? I dunno, I don't really notice much of a change!!

See you space cowboys!

No comments: