Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer time is here

It's official (though I've thought it for weeks) rainy season is over, summer is here!! And it's shaping up to be a HOT one!! Maybe we shoulda gotten a better air-conditioner for our bedroom instead of getting something on a budget... And this just in! We now have to pay more money to the electric company! We now have to pay an extra fee for sustainable energy... kind of a management surcharge to cover their CEO's vacation ...err to cover the fees they spend hooking sustainable energy up to their power grid.. are you serious? ... Capitalism 101, hold your customer over a barrel and take him for all they have! I mean really, they get the sustainable energy cheap (because you can't operate on your own solar panels, you kinda have to pay for it -- and it doesn't work at night of course... )

Man.. I love Masterchef... if it weren't so hot, I think I'd do my own pressure test tomorrow... 6 eggs, make 1 3-egg omelet, a sunny-side up egg, a soft-boiled egg and a poached egg. Before I watched Masterchef, I had never cooked a poached egg, then I started poaching eggs for toppings for salads. Soft-boiled seems so easy.. how do you mess it up? put it in the water and set a timer!

So, an update on Rieko, tomorrow brings us down to about 2 weeks until Emma is fully developed, or 40 weeks. We read somewhere that more women go into labour (British spell-check!) on full moons and 8-2 is a perfectly full moon! Our expectancy day is 8-3!! But, to have labour on the weekend is an extra $400 so we're really hoping (and telling Emma) that she'll wait until Monday :p. Also... Rieko started lactating! Exciting no? The stars are aligning, we're getting ready for the baby!

Oh, and speaking of dairy products and salads and eggs, Rieko may be in the final weeks of pregnancy but she still cooks up some mean meals! I had a picture, but it didn't seem to save... So.. let's look at a lonely corgi waiting for a walk:



No comments: