Sunday, September 30, 2012

Typhoon and end of September

Here's Emma and her future boyfriend Tatsuomi-kun! This is our friends' son Tatsuomi, he's 7 months old now.

Busy weekend with friends coming over and the Typhoon. We had to pull the habaneros and jalapenos inside to make sure they don't get blown away or damaged. I lost 1 habanero pulling them in.. it fell off and rolled down into the park.
I updated my server to the newest linux, and did a lot of new things, we're using xmbc now with our androids as remote controls.. it's really neat and there are a lot of really nice plugins! I found a "glee" radio station!

I spent most of the day at the console actually doing a lot of work via command line, there's something satisfying sometimes about doing it all by hand! I'm going to set up some more stuff later, but I think I've got it to a good place. I'd like to see about getting TV streaming in, but there's not much support for Japan's digital broadcasting.

Did my work out again, got 4x5 on 98kg kilos, maybe just one or two more weeks and I'll be over 100 and ready to start doing different workouts.

Let's see... should I start my tirade on iPhone 5? or have you read the news? it seems like every day someone is finding some new bug with it, from the vibration hardware being old and too strong, to wi-fi not connecting (oops-- no iCloud) to the map just plain outright getting lost. I saw an article today about what apps you should be using to replace iPhone's stock apps, and thought... well, why'd you buy the iPhone if you're going to replace all the stock apps? you should have just gotten some Android with a bigger screen and more hardware features.

No comments: