Tuesday, August 28, 2012

1 month old

Today marks Emma's first month! Also it's the wife's birthday. So we went to the shrine for Emma and had sushi for lunch to celebrate Rieko's big day.
I was planning to make an angel food cake today, but when I went shopping for cake flour, the nearest store was closed, so I had to go an additional 2 or so kilometers to get the cake flour. A 30 minute shopping trip took 2 hours, so if I made the cake we wouldn't be able to eat it until too late in the night. Tomorrow I'll bake it... to be honest, I'm nervous, angel food cake can be so temperamental sometimes.. I'm planning to top it with some whipped cream and candy bars and some marscapone cheese and maybe some coffee... cut the cake in half and use that as a "filling".. I think it will be great!... if the cake works out..
One of my high school friends, Katy Field, has a blog and it seems that she's posting her introspection on life: http://introspectiononlife.blogspot.jp/ .. go say hi and tell her I said 'Hi' ... What was that song... "One more slow dance... " I think she introduced me to it.

Finally...  let's talk about how I calm our crying baby: I just lay her on my chest! ...
No serious... she likes her papa and gets super calm laying on my chest. We have a baby bjorn, and if I put her in it, she goes right to sleep! Also she likes being swaddled. After her daily bath, I also make sure to give her a nice little massage to help her stay calm. She's generally a good baby, but she seems to cry when I'm working from home and in the afternoon... but she sleeps through most of the night!

Speaking of work.. I'm slaving away coding a project trying to finish it before the Esomar conference which begins September 9th -- only a couple thousand lines of javascript (jquery flavored) php and html with the mysql database with like 700,000 records and 256 columns. It's gonna be close.. but I should make it!!

See you space cowboys

1 comment:

Poodle said...

Wow, has it really been a month? I hate that the first months go by so fast... Happy Birthday to your lovely wife! Y'all are such a cute family and Emma is the perfect name for such a sweet girl.

I can't say "thank you" enough for mentioning my blog. It means a lot to me. Also, the song you are thinking of is "On The Verge" by Colin Raye. I haven't listened to it since high school. I think it's time to give it a whirl! :P

I can't comment on your work. Ten words in you lost me!