Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Long days and longer nights

How does today's title even match my blog?

Well.. it doesn't!!
Obligatory cute baby picture:


Let's see... I finally made some significant progress on this project for work, hopefully I'll have something to present by Friday or Monday (if everything goes well) You know, it's really hard sometimes to get code to work when you have to deal with excel/csv , Japanese/English (really, why is there sjis? or iso-2022 or whatever it is.. I swear encoding was invented to make life more difficult) and finally memory constraints... really? I can't load my 100,000 records with 256 entries into a cookie? Please? I found a really nice way using JSONH.pack -- I don't know what the algorithm he uses to pull the keys out, but it's a really nice easy way to compress JSON data and make it super easy to store and manipulate. Basically the more records you have, the more space you can save since it removes all the redundant keys.

Moving along..
Today was a great day for eating around these parts:
 Homemade seafood pizza on a tortilla

 Giant watermelon (I carried it home from the supermarket which is about 2.5km -- 45min walk away) Funny thing about melons. I like watermelon, but I loathe the taste of other melons. I don't really know why, but they all just taste like .. blah. Not a really good taste for me.
Sauteed veggies (zucchini, bell peppers, spinach) and steak with watermelon and mint. It is some good eats!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

food looks cute and baby looks delicious!!

wait...