Wednesday, July 11, 2012

7 inches from the mid-day sun

It's HOT.

We turned on the A/C two days in a row due to the oppressive heat. It was just July 4th, a celebration of independence, so we are celebrating by using the air-conditioner to win our independence from heat and humidity.  Technically we're still in rainy season, but it's been so hot I haven't been able to spend more than a few minutes on the balcony in the morning before I'm crispy and sweat is rolling off me.

Tomorrow is another check-up day, we decided that we're gonna let Rieko's body and Emma-chan decide when it's time to come out. She's at week 37 so whenever she decides to come out, she'll be okay, but we've read research (and I'm sure there is research to the contrary) that delivering at week 41 is better for the child's development.

Speaking of development, in my free time, I've been piddling around with an Android widget for tracking NPB (Japanese Baseball) scores. Today I made a lot of progress, the widget responds from a service which updates every 30 minutes and parses the scores from the website. Here's the catch... I can't use a webview with a widget, so I have to format the text nicely and build it into something I can use in the widget... I'm having the darnedest time figuring out how to build the data and push it into the widget dynamically. I mean, I know how to do it in an app, but widgets are so restrictive, and you have to use RemoteViews and there's not much you can do with it. I think I'm gonna just cave and make a layout statically and dynamically fill it on refreshes with a cursor or something.  Should be easy enough..

*YAWN*

What a boring last paragraph! Who wants to read about android coding when they can look at a cute picture of a poodle rubbing a pregnant woman's belly!
See you space cowboy!

No comments: