Friday, July 6, 2012

Fridays

TGIF, everyday is Friday.

Today Rieko kicked some bootay. While I was puttering around with one of the longest days of work lately (tripled by the heat causing my poor computer to crash 5 or 6 times) Rieko took the initiative and sanded the frame of the chest! We went all the way up to 180 grit and it is smoooooooooth. I finished off one face plate after work, just 8 drawers and 7 more plates to put it all together... not to mention that I have to cut 3 of the plates from a huge piece of plywood.

What else to ramble on about tonight? Hanshin is on a losing streak and tonight... 3rd inning it was 6-0 and we never made it back... maybe since Emma is coming and Rieko and I can't pay attention to the Tigers they're losing.

Tomorrow is Tanabata, if there isn't much rain, Rieko and I will be attending, 6 years running! (or so!) I'll do my best to take some pics.. on that thread, let me give you some fun pics:




Here's a crazy poodle for your entertainment:

2 comments:

Ting said...

Awww, you two are such a good looking couple.

Looking forward to seeing your completed chest of drawers.

What color are you going to stain it?

Unknown said...

We're debating staining right now... but due to quirks of plywood, half of the drawer faces are blonde and half are brown so it's kinda stylish.