Monday, June 18, 2012

Japan v America

Nadesico Japan had a very sad loss today to America's women's soccer. Well.. technically they haven't lost yet, but it's loss time and it's 3-1.. if they come back and win I'll change this post.

I don't know if I can apply my generalizations to women's soccer as a whole, but judging from tonight's match, it's a lot quieter than men's soccer (though that may have a lot to do with having almost no one in the stands). Also, I noticed a lot less fouls and I think there were no yellow cards in this match. In men's soccer, everyone is an amazing actor it seems; look at them wrong and they fall down like they've been hit with a two by four and the offending party called their mother dirty names. Then if there's no foul called, they pop up like nothing happened. It's pretty awesome I think, but I didn't notice any of this in the women's match, and they had some pretty hard hits.

In some news... I messed up my adsense so google sent me a message in Japanese telling me.. originally I applied to adsense for www.tremendousbill.com (he resigned now) but then I thought I'd use it on my site, so .. they're upset with me. I'll figure it out so my traffic of ... 1 per day ... can do something possibly? Meh, I'm just more interested in how it works.

Also, I just saw this today about http://www.theoatmeal.com having some crazy shenanigans with funnyjunk or rather funnyjunk having some issue with the creator of TheOatmeal discussing what to do when someone "steals" your content -- I know I know, it's not stealing, it's fraud or some form of piracy. Anyway, read about it here, even if you're not a fan of this brand of comedy, the story is quite amazing: http://www.popehat.com/2012/06/17/the-oatmeal-v-funnyjunk-part-iv-charles-carreon-sues-everybody/

see you space cowboy

No comments: