Friday, June 22, 2012

Typhoon Number Five

Happy Rainy Season!

We're chilling out at the movie theatre right now waiting for seating to begin for Snow White! -- Can't wait... looks like it will be really good!

Typhoon number five is somewhere near Okinawa and maybe because of it we got some serious torrential rain this morning... it was AWESOME :) 

Yesterday I posted a shot of my little pepper farm.. I have 3 orange habanero bushes (one might be dying) 2 Jalapenos, 1 thai pepper, 1 korean pepper, 1 unknown habanero and a mystery pepper I grew from a seed last year. It still hasn't bloomed and it's looking a little puny these days, I hope it pulls through and blooms for me!! I'd hate for it to die without ever fulfilling its purpose of delivering me a pepper or 20! I love me some fresh peppers and since you can't buy them anywhere in Japan (well, once I found some Jolokia at Tsurukame) fresh, I decided to grow them! Every year we get a bushel full :) 

Yesterday I tested out this app called "Pair" it's supposed to be good for digitally sharing with your significant other, but Rieko and I didn't really get it... we both have Androids and gmail accounts and our calendars are already synced and we have talk, sms and line for text based communication. I then downloaded "Path" which seems pretty neat, but still a little too facebook-ish and stalker-y I'd like it if more of my family were on path so I could try it out, but I doubt I'll keep it very long. 

There was a break in the rain so we walked to the theatre - with braxton-hicks contractions, it took forever sadly! It seems so painful, I wish I could rub her belly and make it soft again.

Time for the movie!

No comments: